I’m not much for New Year’s resolutions, but I do like the idea of having a focus for the year. For 2012, I’m going for turning ideas and intentions into actions.
How does this relate to Scribbling Glue and letter-writing in general? Well, I often come across or dream up creative opportunities and think, Ooooooo, I want to try that! But I don’t always get beyond the thought and into the fun of making or doing something new. This year, though, I’m going to do a lot more creating and trying things!
Here are 7 projects I plan to tackle:
- Positively Postal’s A-Z of The U.K. Mail Art Project. Scott Thomson of Positively Postal is currently running a neat mail art project/competition. I need to hop to it and create a piece, though, since my entry needs to be in England by the time the competition ends on January 31st.
- Letter-Writing Social. As I mentioned before, I love the idea of hosting a letter-writing social. This is exactly the sort of idea that I think about and don’t make happen. This year I’m going to change that!
- Writing an Epistolary Story. A dear friend and I have decided to co-write a story for our own amusement. She proposed that we each take a persona and write the story in the form of letters exchanged by our characters. A similar idea had been in my mind since I recently read (and thoroughly enjoyed) the Regency Magic trilogy, co-authored by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer. The first book in that series grew out of an in-character letter-writing game the two authors played. This is going to be fun!
- Cork Stamps. There is something delightful about stamping things. Also, I see lots of potential for making and gifting them to friends.
- Stamp Collage Ornament Tags. This is a cool way to re-use stamps.
- National Postal Museum. I’ve wanted to visit the NPM for quite a while. 2012 is the year I make it there!
- Do More Scribbling. Sending letters, writing notes, making cards–this is going to be a joyful undertaking.