Sunday 7: Things To Do in 2012
January 1, 2012 § 4 Comments
I’m not much for New Year’s resolutions, but I do like the idea of having a focus for the year. For 2012, I’m going for turning ideas and intentions into actions.
How does this relate to Scribbling Glue and letter-writing in general? Well, I often come across or dream up creative opportunities and think, Ooooooo, I want to try that! But I don’t always get beyond the thought and into the fun of making or doing something new. This year, though, I’m going to do a lot more creating and trying things!
Here are 7 projects I plan to tackle:
- Positively Postal’s A-Z of The U.K. Mail Art Project. Scott Thomson of Positively Postal is currently running a neat mail art project/competition. I need to hop to it and create a piece, though, since my entry needs to be in England by the time the competition ends on January 31st.
- Letter-Writing Social. As I mentioned before, I love the idea of hosting a letter-writing social. This is exactly the sort of idea that I think about and don’t make happen. This year I’m going to change that!
- Writing an Epistolary Story. A dear friend and I have decided to co-write a story for our own amusement. She proposed that we each take a persona and write the story in the form of letters exchanged by our characters. A similar idea had been in my mind since I recently read (and thoroughly enjoyed) the Regency Magic trilogy, co-authored by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer. The first book in that series grew out of an in-character letter-writing game the two authors played. This is going to be fun!
- Cork Stamps. There is something delightful about stamping things. Also, I see lots of potential for making and gifting them to friends.
- Stamp Collage Ornament Tags. This is a cool way to re-use stamps.
- National Postal Museum. I’ve wanted to visit the NPM for quite a while. 2012 is the year I make it there!
- Do More Scribbling. Sending letters, writing notes, making cards–this is going to be a joyful undertaking.
Tagged: creativity, inspiration, letter-writing social, National Postal Museum
Great ideas! And thanks for reminding us about Scott’s competition at Positively Postal. My entry is in the post!
Thanks, Helen! How excellent that you’ve sent in an entry. You’re ahead of me — I have an idea, but it’s still firmly lodged in my brain, not on paper. Perhaps tonight is the night I’ll pull out my glue and get to creating. :)
[…] Rhodia Drive asked what were your Favorite Rhodia Products of 2011. Scribbling Glue jots down 7 Projects to Tackle in 2012. And Stephanie [Biffy Beans / Rhodia Drive] describes her Manifestation List for 2012 (instead of a […]
Thanks for the mention. :)